Monday 22 March 2010

Mish Mash

I am about to commit a murder. I am a step away from pulling on my rubber gloves and getting out the murder kit; my body is aching to slice a torso open, to create a cavity in some one's neck - I am hungry to extinguish human life.

Builders. I don't think I have to utter another angry sentence, builders are shit and piss everyone off. My life has been on hold for two weeks waiting for a load of cowboys to come to my house and turn a two day job into a three week one, all whilst they finish the last of my milk making weak cups of tea and bang out 'tunes' on a tinny radio. Lest we forget how a builders favourite activity is to take a slash in your bathroom whilst they systematically aim their caffeine laden urine for the furthest point away from your toilet bowl (i.e. the floor). I have never been one to generalise or stereotype builders, it is often unfair and they are in a faltering trade (the first industry to be hit in the recession, building all but stops when there is an economic slump). HOWEVER, if you know you are constantly the victims of an unfair press why not prove you aren't one of the many parade of tossers who occupy the trade? If a job is booked for the 1st March 2010, here's a thought - why not show up on that date and do your job? Instead of whenever you bloody feel like.

Yeah, so you are right in assuming that I have been in my flat all day surfing the net and doing a good impression of a miserable git. I never do anything productive on the net but decided to have a long overdue look at my blog and try to update it. It has been six months since I finished Catch 22 and I must confess, so far I haven't been very 'journalismy', concentrating my efforts into my PGCE course and promising myself that as soon as I am done I will write an article and pen a novel that will be lauded and loved by all (not just my mother).

Nevertheless, my innate laziness has again kicked in. My blog has NO direction and I am not in any sort of mood to ponder on what my blog should be. I could tell you what it isn't; it isn't a music blog, I could not get that pretentious and start mouthing off about a subtle piano solo (in A minor) featured in a tune when most of my music playlists either consists of mid-1980s funk and a host of auto tune enthusiasts. I also think that the Internet is over saturated with music blogs, and a great many leave a lot to be desired. It isn't a fashion blog, I love fashion but my dress sense isn't stylish and not very well put together. As long as it comes in 'day-glo bright' and fits then I will throw it on. I doubt Vogue will be beating down my door, begging to sign me up as my fashion blog has inspired millions. My blog is nothing, it is a bit like my brain a mish mash of thoughts that have an intention and then just lead into a rambling mess or an unnecessary rant.

So for now, I am just going to treat the three of you who read this blog to my 'mish mash' and some of the blogs I did over three years ago at university.

I will consult you soon-ish about the blog and it's direction, but for now sit back and enjoy your steaming pile of horse crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment